Friday, December 15, 2006

2nd day

This is amounts to the end of the second day.

First day:

I learned that the French eat their bread without a plate. The bread does not go on the plate.

I rode in tiny cars.

I spoke French, badly. But the French loved it. Any French is better than no French. They feel free to correct you, and almost viciously they laugh at you. I like the French.

I went to the birthday dinner of Cecile's (the friend I am staying with) friend. The food was wonderful, very expensive, and the birthday girl bought my dinner. I like the French.

On the way home, we arrived at a subway stop just seconds after a man jumped into the tracks. Cecile saw the man caught up underneath the train. I didn't look. We left and had to walk a considerable distance to the next line since that whole line was immediately closed.

Second day:

Today I slept until 1pm and then drank a bunch of espresso. Yum.

The French have no problem alternating between bread, butter, stinky cheese, wine, and coffee. I like the French.

I got to talk politics with Cecile's family. They are well-educated on history and contemporary politics. Furthermore, they like to have heated discussions and pose tough questions to guests. I like the French.

In full, I like the French. This is gonna work out great!

No comments: